San Francisco, CA to Honolulu, HI
A Race unlike any you’ve experienced before…
Picture setting off amidst a backdrop of the iconic skyline of San Francisco, passing under the golden gate and rowing away from the carnival atmosphere of the race village and out into the world’s largest ocean. Your last sight of land as you set off on this journey of a lifetime will be of the beautiful and imposing Farallon Islands and the world-famous Seal Rock, after which lies thousands of miles of open water. You will be at one with your boat, closer to your teammates than you ever thought possible, and experience nature in a way that no documentary or tour can ever replicate. Your team will be challenged, physically, mentally and emotionally, by the greatest force on earth; the Ocean.
Through the 4 campaigns since its inaugural year in 2014, GPR has boasted 19 successful teams, 59 successful rowers and 20 world records. In GPR 2021, 100% of teams not only completed the race, but also set new Guinness World Records with their crossings.
Following the same route as the prestigious sailing race Transpac, the Great Pacific Race starts in the San Francisco Bay and ends in Oahu, Hawaii.
- 2,400 miles of open ocean.
- Over 16 Guinness World Records, including: the first Pacific rows by teams of 2, 3 and 4, the oldest and youngest people to row the Pacific, the first blind athlete to row the Pacific, and the fastest rows in 2,3 and 4 crew classes.
- Start line is under the Golden Gate Bridge. Finish line is at Diamond Head Buoy, Oahu. On land reception in Hawaii is hosted by the Waikiki Yacht Club.
- The Duty Officer will monitor rowers 24/7, and update the teams and their followers on a daily basis.
- Safety Boat to follow and check in with teams while at sea.
- Pre-race safety standards for all crews and boats before being allowed to race.
- The Pacific is the Largest, Deepest and most Biodiverse Ocean on Earth.
As the end of the race approaches, you will begin to smell the tropical scents emanating from one of the most famous islands in the world. Every pull of the oar will bring you closer to the biggest sense of achievement imaginable, to awaiting celebrations, and more than likely to the sweetest tasting beverage your lips ever sipped. Hawaii awaits.
Register your team Today! Click Sign Up below!